Corn is one of the most widely used ingredients in America. There are many dishes that can be prepared with corn, including this delicious recipe for cornbread that we bring you in this article. There are different versions of cornbread, such as American, Dominican, or Galician cornbread. Some are sweet, some salty, but it’s worth trying all if you love the baking world.
In this case, we bring you a salty version of this bread that will take less time to make than other versions. The result will be fluffy and soft homemade bread. You can enjoy it for breakfast or use it to accompany the main dishes. Regardless of what you use it for, we teach you how to make cornbread easy, fast and in just a few steps!
Delicious cornbread recipe
Keep in mind that this cornbread has gluten, but later we will give you the proportion of the ingredients you will need if you want to eliminate the wheat from the recipe and make gluten-free corn bread.
Additional Features: Medium Cost, Baked Recipes
- 200 grams of wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon fine salt dessert
- 180 grams of cornmeal yellow
- 5 grams of baking soda
- 250 milliliters of warm water
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 10 grams of dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon of honey
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
- Dissolve the yeast and honey with warm water and stir well. In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients: wheat flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking soda.
Trick: Sift the flour so that the homemade cornbread is softer.
- Make a hole in the center with the mixture and add the yeast and water mixture. Add the oil and mix well until the cornbread dough is homogeneous. Cover the container with plastic wrap and let it rest in a warm place for half an hour until it has doubled in size.
- Knead the dough again. You can grease your hands with a little oil so that it does not stick to your hands.
- Put a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Put the dough on the tray and let it sit for another 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C and put the cornbread dough to bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- Out your cornbread freshly baked and enjoy it!
If you liked the recipe for cornbread, we suggest you enter our Bread Recipes category. If you want to know a gluten-free cornbread recipe, don’t worry, you can also prepare it. Be sure to purchase corn flours that are guaranteed to be gluten-free, so there is no cross-contamination. You will only have to follow the same steps that we have given you previously, but following this proportion in the ingredients:
250 g gluten-free bread flour
150 g of gluten-free cornmeal
On the other hand, if you prefer to make sweet cornbread, you will only have to add half a cup of sugar to the mixture of dry ingredients. Perfect for afternoon coffee!
STEPS FOR MAKING CORNBREAD
The oven must be preheated to 200 ° C and grease a rectangular tray where you will place your loaves.
In a container mix the dry ingredients minus the sugar.
Mix the milk, sugar and eggs with the help of a mixer until the sugar is completely dissolved and smooth mixture results.
Make a hole in the flour mixture, place the liquid mixture in it, knead it a little, and then add the melted butter little by little until you get a thick and sticky mixture.
Now it is up to add the corn kernels to integrate them into the mixture, taking care that they are whole.
Pour the mixture into the prepared mold, place it in the oven for approximately 40 minutes, or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and it comes out clean, a sign that the bread is ready.
Remove the bread from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and serving it.
CORNBREAD NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
Below you will know the nutritional information and how many calories cornbread has. For this, we will take as a sample a 100 grams portion of this bread.
Calories: 227 kcal
Protein: 6.4 gr
Greases: 1.9 gr
Carbohydrates: 43.8 grTags: cornbread