A juice extractor, also known as a juicer, is an appliance used to extract juice from fruits and vegetables. The health benefits of citrus fruits depend on the extraction process. This article will give you know how to use a juicer for maximum benefit.
Juice extractors work by breaking up the cells in fruit and vegetables through an extrusion process. When the cells are broken, nutrients and phytochemicals in the fruit and vegetables are released into the juice. As a result, health benefits increase compared to a non-juiced product.
Basically, you need to cut or chop up fruit and vegetables into small pieces that will fit into the juicer’s chute. Next, you need to load them in one by one. When all items are loaded in the quick-lock system, secure the lid tightly.
P our water (can also use ice cubes) in the designated container. Place the container onto the drip tray.
Turn on the machine and press down gently with slow speed. You can alter your speed according to your preferred juice texture.
Juice extractors are available in two types, namely centrifugal juicer and masticating juicer.
Centrifugal juice extractor works by spinning around the pulp. This motion breaks down the fruit and vegetables, releasing their juices.
Masticating juice extractor works by crushing then squeezing out the products with an auger (a long screw that has small teeth). It is important to note that more juice yield can be obtained from masticating juicer compared to a centrifugal juicer.
Juice extractors can be used at two different speeds. The lower speed rotation for soft produces like oranges, cantaloupe and watermelon; the high speed for hard produce like carrots, apples and celery.
To get more juice out of vegetables or fruits, you need to cut them into small pieces before placing them in the chute. This is because large pieces will not fit and you will have to cut them even smaller. When loading food in the chute, it is better not to overload the machine. The more items loaded in at one time, the higher risk of clogging there is.
In addition, do not push food down with force since this causes unnecessary wear and tear on the machine.
The following are some recommendations for how to use an appliance:
· When using ice, do not overload the water container with ice cubes. The more ice cubes added, the higher chance that it would jam into the chute or drip tray.
· Do not put frozen food into the chute since it may cause the metal blade to break.
· Do not use overripe or spoiled fruit or vegetables because there is a risk that it will damage the blades and housing.
· Remember not to cut food into too small pieces before placing it in the chute since this can be a potential choking hazard for children and small animals.
· Clean the machine immediately after use to avoid food particles from drying up. If not, there is a risk of the growth of molds and bacteria inside the chute later on.
· Replace worn-out parts as they begin to show signs of breakage.
When you have an appliance, it is important to learn how to use the product correctly. The safety of you and your family members depends on correct usage. Use this article as a guide for safe food preparation when using an appliance.
In summary, a juice extractor has been designed to extract juice from fruits and vegetables in order to retain maximum health benefits. With this machine, it is possible to create a range of dishes such as fruit and vegetable juice. To get the most out of your appliance, learn how to use it correctly. Check all parts before use and keep them clean at all times. Use the appliance only for its intended purpose and always unplug after each use.