Circulon is a well-known brand of cookware and is a registered trademark of the Meyer Corporation. Circulon’s full line of cookware has a patented non-stick surface manufactured to provide even heat distribution and easy cleaning. A number of products in the Circulon family of products have earned the coveted good clean seal of approval. Take special care when using Circulon pots to maintain the non-stick surface and preserve their appearance and durability.
Steps to clean Circulon pans
- Use only low to medium heat cooking with Circulon pans. High heat produces stick food and can also discolor and damage the non-stick surface. When the high temperature is required to brown and sealed food, set heat to medium and preheat pot for at least one minute.
- Shake food with wooden or steel utensils. Metal utensils can scratch the non-stick coating.
- The tray after each use with hot water and dishwasher liquid. Rinse and pat dry with a clean, dry cloth.
- Remove stuck grease and food from Circulon pans with a nylon pad or nylon cleaning brush.
- Mix one part vinegar with three parts of water to make a stain cleaning solution. Place the solution in the saucepan and boil over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
If Circulon pans are Hard-Anodized with Aluminum
- Clean hard-anodized aluminum utensils with warm water and mild detergent with nylon or brush.
- Rinse and dry well with a clean, dry cloth to avoid water spots.
- Remove stains by rubbing with a paste made from baking soda and water. Use a nylon pad to rub the paste onto the stain and leave it on for up to 30 minutes. To paste and dry the container with a clean, dry cloth.
If Circulon pans are Stainless steel
- Clean utensils after each use. Use a mild detergent, warm water, and a nylon pad or brush.
- Rinse and dry with a clean, dry cloth to avoid staining. Mineral deposits can cause steel to develop white spots on the surface. In case of stains, rub the stains with a little vinegar or lemon juice and a sponge or nylon pad. Rinse and pat dry with a cloth.
- Apply a commercial stainless steel discoloration or stain cleaner. Clean with a nylon pad or sponge with the grain of the steel.
Tips to prevent a Circulon pan from sticking
Avoid using steel wool and abrasive cleaning products in Circulon pots. They damage the surface of Circulon pans and zero stainless. The dishwasher can damage some hard anodized kitchen parts. Read your manual to find out if your battery is a dishwasher safe. Circulon does not recommend the use of cooking sprays in non-stick cookware.
Summary of what you should never do! If you want your Circulon pans to maintain their properties for a long time and allow you to continue cooking without problems, there are fundamental aspects that you must take into account when cleaning them. These are the main tricks that will help you retain their non-stick properties.
Never pour cold water on the pan when it is still hot. Many times we want to collect everything quickly and we rush too much when it comes to washing the pan. As we have already explained, it is a very bad habit that causes the non-stick properties of pans to be lost little by little.
- Do not use the sponge pad or the familiar ‘lullabies’ to remove the burn from the pans. With this, you will only manage to scratch it and, consequently, it favors the food to stick more easily.
- Do not heat the pan when it is empty.
- Avoid excesses of temperature. Always set the temperature to the minimum temperatures, depending on each recipe.
Why do the Circulon pans stick?
Sometimes we get down to work in the kitchen to make that recipe that we like so much and we find an unpleasant surprise: food sticks and we find it very difficult to cook. It may be that your Circulon pan has been damaged by any of the following causes and is losing its properties:
Due to thermal shocks: allow the pan to cool down before soaking or washing it. Keep in mind that sudden changes in temperature damage its properties, so you should wait for its temperature to drop before washing it with water. Otherwise, the pan may deform little by little and will not distribute the heat evenly.
From pan overheating: When you are done cooking, remove the pan from the heat or plate to evacuate residual heat that will still continue to emit. You mustn’t leave the Circulon pan empty without using it on the fire.Tags: Circulon pots, clean pots, cleaning tips