Wooden bowls in the kitchen are essential for many women because they preserve the flavors and seasons of food, unlike other materials that take away its flavor. That is why wooden bowls are preferred for serving roasts. Today we will teach you how to wash wooden bowls. See how simple it is.
You will need:
- Warm and cold water
- Soft cloth
- Kitchen towels
- Mineral oil
Steps to wash a wooden plate
- The first step is to observe that the bowls do not have food remains. If so, you have to dispose of the remains.
- Take a soft cloth and soak it in warm water. Pass it over the plate to remove the dirt left by the food remains.
- Rinse the wooden plate with fresh, clean water, so the wood doesn’t stain.
- Put the plate in the drainer and dry it with a towel if necessary before putting it there. Ideally, the plate should not be too wet.
- When it is fairly dry, you can apply a layer of mineral oil to the wooden plate’s surfaces with a kitchen towel. It is not necessary to put too much on it because it could affect the material. Rub in smooth, circular motions.
- Now it is necessary to let it dry completely because if you stack wet wooden bowls, these areas could mold and ruin their function in your kitchen.
Recommendations for the care of wooden bowl
When cleaning wooden bowls, some recommendations are to add a little vinegar to the olive oil that you apply to the bowls when they are clean. This mixture has a greater and faster effect than just oil. It only remains for you to check it.
To prevent damage to wooden bowls and these types of kitchen items in general, it is very important that you never put them inside microwave ovens or electric ovens, just as it is not good for them to receive direct sunlight.
Now that you know a few more tricks about cleaning in the kitchen, we hope you apply them to your home. You will see that even your mother and mother-in-law will ask you for the secrets so that the wooden bowls and utensils in the kitchen look bright.
Care for a wooden salad bowl
Handcrafted wooden bowls are a beautiful addition to your table, especially when used to serve salads. As with most handmade products, wooden bowls need special care to preserve their quality, safety and utility. Because the wood is porous, it needs to be greased to prevent it from absorbing the flavors of the salads they serve.
Things You Will Need
- Soft Soap
- Clean Cloth or Paper Towel
- Mineral Oil
- Non-abrasive Cloth or
- Vinegar Pad
Follow these steps:
- Wash container inside and out carefully, using non-abrasive cloth or pad, warm water and mild soap. Rinse the container with warm water.
- Dry the outside of the container with a clean cloth or paper towel.
- Allow the bowl to air dry. Its color will be lighter when dry.
- Apply one or two coats of mineral oil to your bowl at least once every week to avoid warping, staining, or cracking.
Mix 3 tablespoons of vinegar with 1 cup of water and rinse the entire container with the solution to periodically disinfect your bowl. After this, wash and dry the container.Tags: bowls, clean bowls, wooden bowls