Who has never had white Converse? Even today they are one of the most popular since they allow you to combine them with any look, wear them daily, play sports with them. However, they can end up being a yellow Converse. It is not to be forgotten that the white Converse gets dirty a lot and very fast, and sometimes, it can be easy to restore them to their original whiteness. In this article, we give you some tips on how to clean white Converse so that you always look perfect.
We show you the steps to follow to clean white sneakers without acquiring the typical yellowish color:
- When cleaning white shoes, we recommend that you first shake them to remove dirt and dirt from the soles.
- If it is superficial dirt or is just the dirty rubber, you can try to remove it with a wet wipe, like babies’.
- If it is the fabric of your Converse that is dirty, you can try a mixture of water and neutral soap and, with the help of a cleaning brush, descale the dirt.
- On the other hand, you can try adding a pinch of ammonia to the previous mixture for the most difficult stains. It is important to let your sneakers dry in the shade to avoid marks.
- Although the manufacturer does not recommend it because it makes your shoes deteriorate much faster, to clean the white sneakers thoroughly, you can put them in the washing machine. But first, we recommend removing the laces and insoles. Use a short program with cold water and a smooth spin.
- To dry the white Converse, it is better to do it outdoors, but never in the tumble dryer as they could shrink or deteriorate.
Baking soda has a very effective action in whitening surfaces. We have previously told you how to mix it with detergent and vinegar to achieve surprising results, but with lemon, you will also achieve great achievements. It is a fairly safe method of cleaning white sneakers, and will not cause any surface damage. To make this remedy, put 100 ml of water in a container with a spray bottle, add 50 ml of lemon and two tablespoons of baking soda.
Mix well and spray on a microfiber cloth and the sole of the shoes. Rub well with an old toothbrush to remove as much dirt as possible and rinse with plenty of water. You will notice the results better once the shoe is completely dry.
Cleaning white sneakers is important enough for the shoe to bleach. Otherwise, over time they can acquire yellow spots or an opaque tone that is not at all flashy. To thoroughly clean and prevent them from turning yellowish, read on.
In a medium-sized container, add 50 grams of detergent powder and a little water. Mix until you get a paste and use a toothbrush to clean your shoes. You can soak the shoes so that the cleaning action is more efficient. Then rinse with warm water using an absorbent cloth, but do not completely soak the shoes. Finally, dry the surface with a microfiber cloth for best results.
Tips for cleaning white sneakers
It is advisable to moisten the shoes with a little water, but you do not need to immerse them in a basin. Moistening the fabric with a cloth will suffice. Then pour a little water, a part of baking soda and apart and a half of detergent into a basin. And to rub!
- Grab an old toothbrush and rub the sneakers, but better do it without shoelaces. You can put these in the basin with water, detergent, and baking soda. After rubbing with the brush, leave the slippers to soak for a long time.
- Baking soda is the best cleaning product. It is used for a large number of cleaning-related tasks. We have already explained how to use it together with the soap, but you can also mix it with vinegar. To do this, mix these two powerful ingredients with a little water and follow the steps in the first section. Use a brush to apply the mixture and wait half an hour for the solution to work and take effect. This trick is valid for cleaning white sneakers inside and out, including the sole.
- Another great trick to effectively clean white sneakers when they look like yellow Converse from so much dirt is coarse salt. To do this, you have to scrub the surface using a soft bristle brush. Clean both the internal and external areas and don’t forget about the soles. Then wash them with detergent again and rinse with a damp cloth.
Keep in mind that the white color is very delicate so that it can get dirty easily. So it won’t do us any good to learn how to clean white sneakers if we don’t protect them later. Ideally, you should store them well, even better in your own home every day.
Never use bleach to clean white sneakers or you will have yellow Converse at the end. The bleach leaves the white tissues somewhat yellowish over time, although at first, it seems that the whiteness returns to the tissues.Tags: clean white converse, How to clean white converse