Surely many times you have considered how to clean a toaster. We give you some guidelines so that your toaster is shiny and improves its performance. Here are tips on how to clean a toaster in 5 steps.
Without a doubt, the toaster is one of the best allies of our breakfasts. It is an appliance that we use daily for all members of the house. Toasts are one of the best delicacies to start the day. When having a lot of use, the cleaning of this appliance should also be regular. We are going to give you some tips so you can learn how to clean a toaster. Not only to make it more beautiful aesthetically but also to improve its operation and performance.
But did you know that the taste for toast comes from afar? During Roman times they may not have had an electric toaster, but they only needed stone and a heat source to enjoy this delicacy. It will not be until the beginning of the 20th century when it begins to commercialize with the first electric toasters as we know them today.
For your toaster to look like the first day you must follow the following steps. You will be surprised that the instruments and materials necessary to learn how to clean a toaster are at hand.
How to clean a toaster, what do you need?
For the cleaning of your toaster to be effective you must use:
- Soap and water
- Diary paper
- Vinegar or window cleaner
- Sodium bicarbonate
- Coarse salt and tape
Surely you will not understand the use that you have to give to much of these materials, but that’s what this post is for. Here we explain how to clean a toaster step by step.
- The first and fundamental step before starting to clean your toaster is to unplug it. It may seem obvious to you, but we are obliged to remind you because the electric current can play a trick on you.
- The newspaper is used to facilitate cleaning. Since the main culprits for dirt in a toaster are crumbs, the newspaper will help you not to get too dirty. Put a piece of newspaper under the toaster and at the end of the cleaning, you will only have to pick it up and throw it away, instead of dedicating yourself to picking up all the remains of the cleaning from your counter.
- Clean the inside. The first thing you should do if you want to know how to clean a toaster is to remove the tray from the crumbs and shake it. To carry out a more thorough cleaning, we recommend that you clean the tray well with soap and water, helping you with a sponge and drying it later. To make cleaning the interior more effective you can help yourself with a toothbrush. It is a way to get to the narrowest and most difficult parts of your toaster.
- And the coarse salt? Surprisingly, salt has several properties that will help you remove charred pieces of bread that accumulate in the toaster. For this reason, you must introduce the salt through the slot of your toaster. Put greaseproof paper in the slot and tape it down. Turn your toaster oven so the charred debris falls onto the paper. It is very important to remove all of the salt. The reason is that if it is not removed correctly it can cause oxidation of the interior. For this reason, we emphasize again that the salt should be as thick as possible.
- Once we have the inside clean, touch the outside. If your toaster is made of plastic, mix water with a tablespoon of baking soda and with the help of a sponge, proceed to clean it. If you want to give honor to your cleaning, use a vinegar spray to further improve the result. You will see that the vinegar and baking soda cleaning combo has amazing results. If, on the other hand, your toaster is made of stainless steel, you can use the window cleaner for its external cleaning.
By following these steps and using all the materials we have listed, you will see how easy it is to know how to clean a toaster. Thorough cleaning of your toaster is necessary, but if you carry out good daily maintenance, the effort will be minimal.
If it is important to know what you have to do to know how to clean a toaster, it is also important what you should not do. For this reason, we recommend that you never immerse the toaster in the water. Do not put any metal material into the toaster when it is in operation and that you always have dry hands when you are going to plug it in.
Cleaning lengthens the useful life of any electrical appliance or device, that is why we consider it very important to carry out daily maintenance. Here are some guidelines.
Empty the crumb tray after each use. It may seem silly but it will prevent charred debris from accumulating and improve its performance.
Once a week it is recommended that you clean the outside of the toaster. Please note that stainless steel toasters require more cleaning as marks and stains are more visible.
Once a month you must carry out a complete cleaning following the steps previously explained to you.
We hope you found our tips on cleaning a toaster useful. If you are doing a thorough cleaning of the kitchen, we have many posts that may interest you. Do you want to know how to clean the microwave? We have 3 methods that you can carry out. If you need to do a thorough cleaning of the refrigerator and do not know where to start, stop by our blog.Tags: HOW TO CLEAN A TOASTER, HOW TO CLEAN A TOASTER IN 5 STEPS